So, you are thinking about taking the kids camping but you are not sure if all the lists and packing and unpacking is really going to be worth it.
Of course it is! Here are my top 10 reasons why you should go camping with your kids.
1. If you give your kids the chance to get up close and personal with nature they are much more likely to come to love being outdoors as they grow up.
2. People who have a good connection with nature and enjoy being outdoors are generally happier, healthier adults.
3. Camping encourages families to slow down and spend genuine quality time together.
4. Camping relaxes adults, happy adults make happy children.
5. An outdoor lifestyle engenders confidence.
7. There is no better feeling than seeing the kids going a bit feral and really enjoying childhood.
8. On a campsite kids get dirty. Dirt is good for developing immune systems.
9. Kids get to explore their own country, developing a sense of identity and heritage.
10. Camping is a great way to spend time with extended family and friends, especially if you don’t have a house big enough to put them all up.
Camping, however you do it, really is a brilliant experience for kids and adults alike.
So what are you waiting for?
Find a brilliant campsite on the Map of Campsites and get out there!